Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dad wants a post

Ok, my last post was quite short and my dad wants me to post something longer than a couple sentences but I don't know what to write so don't expect a post on just one subject. My dad and just about everyone else can just sit down and blog but I have trouble finding things to write about except for baseball,fishing,hunting and how bad it is in Philadelphia. Whoops thats plenty of stuff and I will start with an intro of how boring it is here... So when we got back from Montana this fall I was thinking "it can't be too bad its only nine months." Think again, it is already quite boring and I find myself thinking of Montana and hunting,and fishing,and baseball,and Montana again. Then I go practice pitching which starts me thinking of baseball again and the circle continue. Then there are days when the boy from down the street tells me that highschool is going to be BORING, WORSE THAN IT IS IN PHILADELPHIA. Great,just great. and Mom tells me I need to do more schooldays than I have done to go play baseball in Montana next spring. It isn't that bad really, but school? More? It is the automatic reaction, at least mine is, (and every other kid I know) But I just have five months to go. I can make it as long as I don't explode with the waiting. So aside from the fact that it isn't THAT boring here there is the benefit that if the volcano under yellowstone goes I won't be there and I won't get consumed in the lava. All in all I am quite happy with being here and it hasn't been that bad here in Philadelphia. What is the word for rock formed from magma? That still probably isn't long enough for dad but it is for mom.

7 Comments:

Blogger Malachi said...

monotonous, tedious, irksome, tiresome, humdrum. Thanks for the help, is that better?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Master Aegidius said...

Basalt.

Which would be a killer name for a black lab.

And, Malachi, you don't realize how good you have it in Smelly, errr, I mean Philly.

Out here in Montana, it's just work, work, work. Why this weekend, I am being forced to go sight in on Saturday with a church friend ("Oh, I don't wannna go!", but Aunt Jen says, very firmly, "Consider it Ministry."), and then I have to run out Sunday evening to go deer hunting, and then Monday, I am taking "vacation" from work to go bear and elk hunting. Luckily, I get to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but then I hace to go Hunting on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and then Monday. If I am lucky, I then won't have to do any more hunting until Thanksgiving weekend rolls around. But who knows, maybe Aunt Jen will make me go fishing instead. I heard her muttering something about "monster browns are spawning." Won't I ever get some rest??????

You, on the other hand, get to relax and enjoy the advanced culture that is only found in large metropolisses of millions of people. I mean, there are probably more people in Philly than all of Montana! And you get to live right in the middle of them :)
And all of those sights! Who wants to look at mountains when you can stare at skycrapers, clouds when you have smog, snow when you have litter, elk when you have pigeons.

Sigh, enjoy these halcyon days of your youth while you still can.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Malachi said...

My Mom asks if the word Dork rings a bell? I on the other hand will now ask if you realy need those flies that you wanted? Still we can compromise I tie you flies and you will kindly refrain from telling me how good I have it.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Master Aegidius said...

But Malachi, I am just trying to help you "rejoice in all things." Even Philadelphia.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Master Aegidius said...

Hey, when am I going to get those flies?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Master Aegidius said...

And do you want some antelope hair?

Don't mention this to your mom, it will be our little secret.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Master Aegidius said...

Obsidian!

How could I forget Obsidian!
ARRRRRRRGH!

And I live just down the metamorpical, I mean 'metaphorical' street from the world's largest supply of exposed obsidian. Colter would kill me!!!!

Ah, well, I am getting old and decrepit.

Did Micah get the link I sent him on his blog? Has he checked it out yet?

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home